Effective Leaders Are Made, Not Born. Learn the Skills Necessary to Lead by Example and Empower Others
Through the ASHP Student Leadership Development Program, students will be better prepared to serve as effective leaders.
The ASHP Student Leadership Development Program is available as a resource to use as an elective course by schools and colleges of pharmacy to satisfy the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) requirements for Standard 4: Personal and Professional Development, as well as a stand-alone learning experience for students interested in improving their professional and leadership skills. Through successful completion of the program, pharmacy students will be better prepared to serve as effective leaders, helping establish a legacy of future leaders to continue the advancement of pharmacy practice.
The target audiences for the Student Leadership Development Program are P1-P4 pharmacy students. Program objectives are as follows:
- Define leadership.
- Describe leadership roles in pharmacy practice, including formal and informal leadership.
- Discuss common leadership characteristics, styles, and approaches.
- Characterize your personal identity, strengths, and leadership traits.
- Describe the importance of relationships, including the value of mentorship.
- Develop SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound) goals for professional and leadership development.
- Examine the role of communication in leadership.
- Explain the role of advocacy in leadership.
- Describe your professional and leadership development in the context of the future of healthcare.
Pricing begins at just $40 (Member). Bulk discounts are available.
For information on adopting this program into your school or college of pharmacy, please contact Chris Jezowski, email@example.com.