ASHP Professional Certificates: A Versatile Professional Development Opportunity for Individuals, Institutions, and Schools of Pharmacy
ASHP Professional Certificates were developed in direct response to the need for high quality professional development opportunities for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and other healthcare personnel on specific clinical, practice, administrative, and career development topics. Each certificate consists of a series of online learning modules. Participants claim continuing education credit as each module is completed and then pass a comprehensive exam and/or practice exercise to earn the professional certificate.
Earning an ASHP Professional Certificate is separate and distinct from pursuing board certification. Professional certificate curriculums are developed to enhance a learner’s knowledge and increase skills in specific practice or career development subjects. Designed for pharmacy professionals or other healthcare professionals who want to advance their practice, professional certificates do not require an accredited residency or a minimum number of years of practice in order to complete the activities and earn a certificate.
Institutions and large health systems are recognizing the benefits of acquiring a customized catalog of professional certificates for their pharmacy personnel. Directors and managers have administrator access to review employee progress, key benchmarks, and certificate completion. Colleges of pharmacy are also considering using professional certificates to supplement topics that are more challenging to adequately cover in school curriculums.
ASHP is proud to offer professional certificates on a multitude of practice areas with a strong pipeline of new and updated certificates set to launch in the coming months, including:
- Specialty Pharmacy Certificate (coming March 2023)
- Pharmacy Leadership Certificate: Management Basics (New!)
- Medical Writing Certificate (New!)
- Investigational Drug Services Certificate (New!)
- Non-Malignant Hematology Certificate (New!)
- Research Skills Certificate (New!)
- Basics in Cardiology Pharmacy Certificate (New!)
- Telehealth Certificate (New!)
- Weight Management Certificate (New!)
- Medication Safety Certificate (refresh)
- Pharmacokinetics Certificate (refresh)
- Emergency Medicine Certificate (refresh)
- Nutrition Support Certificate (refresh)
To view a complete list of all current and upcoming certificates and learn more, visit ashp.org/certificates.