Combined Poster & Networking Session
Gather round the poster and roundtable sessions with experts from multiple specialties.
Once again, this year, the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition will feature dual Roundtable and Poster Sessions hosted by clinical experts in ambulatory care, critical care, emergency medicine, and pediatrics. This unique experience is unlike any other at the Midyear meeting and is a focused opportunity to showcase research, network, and discuss current practice issues.
These exclusive combined sessions, hosted by the ASHP Section of Clinical Specialists and Scientists (SCSS) and ASHP Section of Ambulatory Care Practitioners (SACP), will be held in Bayside B, Level 1, South Convention Center, Mandalay Bay, in the space reserved for the Residency Showcase on Sunday, Dec. 4 from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. These sessions are an opportunity for those who have an interest in or practice within these areas to network with like-minded members and view research by clinical pharmacists who practice throughout the country.
The event will kick off with the pediatrics/neonatal dual session, which will run from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Topics covered will include:
- Policies for medical marijuana use in children
- Therapeutic drug monitoring in the epilepsy population
- Expanding pharmacists' scope of care/developing new pediatric practice areas
- Pediatric status epilepticus management
- NMDA receptor encephalitis in pediatric patients
- Disparities in healthcare in the pediatric population
- Pharmacogenetic testing in pediatrics
- Pediatric pharmacy in the ambulatory care clinic and specialty pharmacy settings
The ambulatory care dual session will follow from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Topics covered will include:
- Population Health Initiatives
- Social Determinants of Health and Health Disparities
- Quality Metrics and Methods of Documentation for Health Equity
The critical care dual session will be held from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Topics covered will include:
- Barbiturates vs. Benzodiazepines for Alcohol Withdrawal
- Alteplase vs Tenecteplase for Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Things that Don't Really Cause AKI: Vanco + Zosyn, IV Contrast and Balancing Rounding (Clinical Work) with Administrative Responsibilities
Wrapping up the event will be the dual session on emergency medicine, which will run from 2:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Topics discussed will include:
- Role of Ketamine in the ED and Prehospital Setting
- Initiation of MAT in OUD
- Treatment of Agitation in the ED
- ED Pharmacist Staffing Difficulties and Strategies to Overcome and Antimicrobial Stewardship Strategies in the ED
Posters sessions will follow directly after the Roundtable Sessions and will include both professional poster presentations as well as posters from PGY2 residents reporting on their research activities.
The mission of the SACP is to improve patient care and patient health outcomes by advancing and supporting the professional practice of pharmacists who are medication-use specialists, patient care providers, and operational specialists in ambulatory care settings.
The SCSS represents clinical and scientific experts and advocates for practice advancement to improve patient care. As specialists and scientists, they will collaborate, educate, and innovate to advance pharmacy practice and optimize outcomes for patients of all backgrounds. The SCSS serves as a professional home for growth, inclusion, and mentorship of pharmacists.