ASHP Sessions Highlight Leadership in Pharmacy Innovation
Get the latest information on innovations in telehealth, pharmacogenomics, career advice and more.
ASHP continues to work hard to provide the latest innovative approaches, tools, and resources to support patients across the full spectrum of medication use. The commitment to improved pharmacy innovation is embedded within ASHP’s revised strategic plan, with new telehealth and pharmacogenomics priority areas, policy positions, programming, and resource centers. This year has led to many new initiatives that ASHP has created to help move pharmacy practice forward.
ASHP’s Executive Forum on Cold Chain Management convened virtually last spring to review the current state of pharmaceutical cold chain management in health systems. The event was the first in a series of executive forums on cold chain management and part of the ASHP Innovation Center’s efforts to influence innovation and digital transformation to advance the safe and effective use of medicines. The forums will continue through spring 2023, each with a published resource guide with recommendations for health systems and industry.
The Pharmacogenomics Accelerator launched in September. This national pharmacogenomics program is an implementation collaborative where pharmacy leads the adoption and implementation of pharmacogenomics services in health systems across the U.S. Through our partners at the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy, we have our first cohort underway with three sites. With coaches experienced in implementation science and partnered with subject matter experts, the experience is designed to catalyze the implementation of clinical pharmacogenomics in health systems through an implementation science framework offered by ASHP and the University of Minnesota College of Pharmacy. To learn more about these new offerings, be sure to attend the session entitled ASHP and University of Minnesota Pharmacogenomics Accelerator: Update from Inaugural Cohort at Midyear. Then, be sure to preview the impressive and comprehensive offerings of innovation and technology-related programming at the Midyear meeting.
- Informatics Gems 2022: Resident & New Practitioner Bytes of Informatics
- Designing a Pharmacy Technician Career Ladder Focused on Advanced Roles
- Validated Artificial Intelligence: The Future of Pharmacy and its Applications
- Rise of The Machine: Empowering a Diversion Monitoring Program Using Machine Learning
- Digital Health 101: Interventions for Maximum Pharmacist Impact
- Considerations for Inpatient Use of Diabetes Technology
- Investing in the Future: Development of a Pharmacy Technician Leadership Residency to Address Technician Leadership Gaps
- ASHP and University of Minnesota Pharmacogenomics Accelerator: Update from Inaugural Cohort
- The Invisible Giant Amongst Us: Genetic Tests Used in the Early Identification of Respiratory Pathogens — COVID-19 and Beyond
- Protect the Women & Children: Machine Learning Methods to Predict Adverse Drug Events (ADEs)
- Innovative Discharge Services
- The Future of Clinical Pharmacy Practice: Leveraging an Integrated Telehealth Team-Based Model
- Informatics Pearls 2022: Gigabytes of Informatics